Print Results Feature

Jun 23, 2014

I am having an issue with the "Print Results" button in Articulate Storyline. Every time the user types in their name and presses enter, a new window launches rather than the print feature. Any thoughts?

7 Replies
Justin Grenier

Good Afternoon, Shannon.

If you view published Articulate Storyline content on your local hard drive or send it to someone else to view on their local hard drive, you'll encounter security restrictions from the computer, web browser, Flash Player, and network that'll cause various features of your content to fail. To test your published content and share it with others, upload it to the environment for which it was published.

If you're already testing your content in its intended environment, would you mind please sending us a copy of your .story project file for a closer look?  Thanks!

Aris Garner

Hi Justin,

I know this question is over 5 years old, but I saw you are still quite active... so I thought I would try and reach out to you. 

I am having the same issue that Shannon was having. When I click "Print Results", a new window pops-up with the title of the interactive along with the date and time, but it does not list any of the results the user has input. 

I have attached my file to this post. If you would happen to know why this is or can find an issue in my file which is creating this issue, it would help me out tremendously. 

Thanks so much in advance!
Aris

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Aris,

Your results slide didn't have any questions associated with it, so there isn't anything to be printed. 

It looks like you're using some custom text entry slides, but you'd need to use a built-in quiz or survey question to report those to your results slide and ultimately print the answers. 

Since you've already set these questions up, look at using the convert to freeform option to have the questions act as text entries. 

Aris Garner

I understand now. I thought I would be able to use the print functions button with the text entries by selecting the triggers to indicate the text input boxes. Now I see that is not a functional way of going about it.

Thanks so much for your speedy help and I will try your suggestion in a moment to test its functionality abilities for me.

Aris

Indrani Sen

Hi Justin,

Here is the original as well as the packaged file.  The issue is the 'Print' button is not working.  It worked once after I accessed the Chrome settings and enabled the popup and flash for this particular site.  I stated the LMS address.  But is not working now.  I have checked the settings multiple times, and everything looks right.  Here are the original and packaged files.  Thanks,

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Indrani,

I saw you were also working through a similar issue in this discussion with Crystal, so I wanted to link the two in case her response would help here too. 

Let us know, and if it's the same issue feel free to keep the conversation going in that other discussion as it's a bit newer for other folks to find too! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.