Printing a certificate

Jul 21, 2015

I used the JavaScript print command and it worked perfectly. I printed the certificate once the file had been uploaded to our server and it printed in portrait. Smaller than I wanted, but okay to use. However, once the file was loaded to the LMS, the certificate printed landscape but the file was still portrait so it cut off the right side of the certificate. Do you know what may be causing this? Thanks!

5 Replies
Christie Pollick

Hi, Lyn - 

There's a pretty awesome thread posted by Steve Flowers that may help you get your certificate set up for printing. 

Take a look: Example files: Generating a certificate from Storyline

And you may already have this information, but I also wanted to note that although we don't provide support for JavaScript, it may be helpful to take a look at this document on JavaScript Best Practices. Hopefully, some of our experts in the community can chime in with other suggestions! :)

Lyn Jenkins

Thanks Cristie. Unfortunately I found that I could not write a code to change the page settings to print landscape, so I used the JavaScript for a pop up message box to tell the learner to switch the printer preference to Landscape to print the certificate. The script is below:

window.alert(‘To print your certificate, change your printer preference to Landscape.’)

The learner then has to read/click through the message to print the certificate.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.