printing results

Dec 11, 2014

I am working with Storyline 1.  I have published the course for web publishing.  I have tested out the quiz and am trying to print off the results.  I click the 'print' button, it asks me for my name, I type it in and click 'OK' and then I get a blank screen.  What am I doing wrong?

Mary

4 Replies
Emily Ruby

Hello Mary!

Are you testing this locally or through a hosted web server? Testing locally can have security restrictions that can cause various features to fail. 

If you don't have access to a web server, here are a few free options to consider:

• Tempshare: This is a free service provided by Articulate for testing Storyline content. Note: Uploaded files will be deleted after 10 days.
  • Amazon S3: Amazon S3 offers free hosting with generous usage limits. If you go over your limit, you'll be charged a graduated fee.
  • Dropbox: Place your published output in the Public folder in your Dropbox account to share it with others.
  • Google Drive: Change the story.html file to index.html and set the sharing permissions to Public.Here's how 

Let us know if this works.

Mary Field

I'm not sure your suggestions relate directly to my issues with printing out
the quiz results. I have put them in Dropbox to share with a colleague and
he has had no problem opening up the project and viewing the teaching
component. I have just added the quiz and have once again published it, put
it in Dropbox and have sent it to him. I await his description of his
experience with trying to print out results. I don't understand why I
myself can't test it out once it's been published and have the 'print'
action provide me with a printed sheet of results.

What confuses me is that several months ago when I published something, then
clicked on the 'preview' option that comes up after publishing, then
performed the quiz myself - I clicked on 'print' and I did see a sheet that
contained the results as well as the questions and answers.

Mary

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.