Problem with a button showing based on a variable/condition
So, I've been trying to get help with this issue with support, but the e-mails are a bit slow and I need a quick answer <hopefully>.
I have a project that has 6 lessons. Embedded within each lesson, I have created an application simulation (what I call a Show Me video). I have some basic PowerPoint type slides before and after each simulation.
I also have a Demo Map page which, if the user wants, they can click the links on the Demo Map page to go directly to the launching page of the Show Me videos (instead of tredging through the lesson).
What I want to happen is this--if the user clicks a link to view a Show Me video from the Demo Map slide, I want a "Return to Demo Map" button to appear on the last slide of the simulation, AND I don't want the next slide to appear unless the user clicks a Next button or the Show Me video has NOT been accessed from the Demo Map slide (this gives the user the option of continuing the lesson or returning to the Demo Map page). I have some triggers/conditions/variables set, but I cannot for the life of me get this to work. This is what I have set up:
BacktoDemo set to False
Demo Map slide
Trigger to Adjust Variable BacktoDemo to True if user clicks the link to the video
Last page of video slide
- Set up a Return to Demo Map with a default state of Hidden
- Trigger to Change State of Return to Demo Map button to Normal when the Timeline of the slide ends on the condition that the BacktoDemo variable is equal to True
- Trigger to Jump to Demo Map slide when user clicks the Return to Demo Map button
- Trigger to Jump to Next Slide when user clicks the Next button
- Trigger to Jump to Next Slide when Timeline ends on the condition that the BacktoDemo variable is equal to False
Any ideas? Thanks!!