Problem With Automatic 800-second screen Length When Adding Audio

Jan 17, 2014

Hi, I'm a past Studio user who's gearing up on Storyline and I've run into an issue.

I am selecting a slide and recording audio. I click the Sound button, select From Mic, record, and save. 

When I return to my timeline, the timeline expands from 5 seconds to 800+ seconds, even though the audio I added is only 10-15 seconds.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks,

Jeff 

5 Replies
Jeffrey Dalto

Hi Ashley,

Yes, verify away.

But before you do, I've run into one last issue. Probably my user error again, but maybe you can help me see my way through this.

I have created a presentation that has a small number of intro screens the user will go through in a linear manner. These then culminate in a menu screen that allows the learner to loop through 8 separate 3-screen sequences, all of which return the user to the menu screen.

That menu screen includes one button that's essentially an opt-out and lets the user skip the little loops and go to the two screens at the end, which are again linear.

Right now, that all works, but not quite in the way I imagine you would consider a best practice.  If you look at the attached image, you'll see that the various loops are arranged horizontally. The final two screens are in that same horizontal sequence, though I would imagine it might be best if they were below them, continuing the vertical flow, or perhaps in a different scene. And I think that's perhaps why the final screen has both a PREVIOUS and a NEXT button (I want the NEXT button to disappear, ideally). 

Any thoughts/tips/suggestions? 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Jeffrey,

Thanks for the second image, that definitely helped. From the images alone, it looks like everything is set up as you'd like, and if you had a concern about where they were located in the story view you could always put them in a new scene too - and then link to that scene. 

As far as the "next" button you can remove it from an individual slide by accessing the slide properties. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.