Problem with Matching Drag and Drop in SL360

Mar 20, 2018

We're working on Storyline 360 version 3.13.15006.0 and we're having some issues with the Matching Drag and Drop activity.

The activity has an audio file. When you let the audio play throughout the slide and then drag the options, it works fine; same when you drag while the audio is playing. But when the user touches the seekbar, the drag options don't work well. I attached a screenshot of the problem here... When the user clicks on an option to drag it, this one goes haywire and is held somewhere above the mouse pointer, where the mouse isn't. It's like it's hovering there, and it doesn't want to lock with the drop options.

This issue arises ONLY when you click or drag the seekbar, so we're unsure what it could be.

I'm asking for the storyline file for that slide which I'll upload once I have it, but meanwhile, maybe someone had a similar error and can guide us towards a solution.

11 Replies
Kelly Taylor

We have recently experienced a similar issue (see attached screencast). 

Support have told us they are unable to assist any further because they cannot replicate the error. Unfortunately not an isolated incident and has occurred on a number of different files, platforms and devices, hence our escalation to Articulate for assistance. BUT it does not happen to every user, all of the time.

There is no pattern to devices, internet browsers player outputs etc.

I would love to hear what your issue was as per the attached and what the resolution was to rectify.

Thank you.

Leslie McKerchie

Hello everyone,

I'm excited to let you know that we just released update 23 for Storyline 360! It includes new features and fixes - check them all out here.

Here's the one you will be particularly interested in:

Fixed: In drag-and-drop interactions, drag items didn't always move with your mouse or stay where you dropped them.

Here’s how you can update Storyline 360 to take advantage of everything the latest release has to offer. Let me know how you make out!

Katie Riggio

Hi there, Dean!

We fixed the issue where drag items didn't always move with the mouse or stay where they were dropped in Storyline 3 as well.

Are you seeing the problem with a recent update? To find the update detail, click on the Help tab, then About Storyline

If so, could you share an affected .story file with our Engineers so that we could take a closer look? You can privately upload the project here for testing. We delete all files after troubleshooting. 

Dean Snaith

Hi Katie

I recently searched for the latest update and everything is fine now.

Many thanks for getting back to me.

Kind Regards Dean

Dean Snaith
Managing Director

[cid:69aa1919-4613-47c6-9eaf-82ba0fc43305]

m: 07889805495
e: Dean.Snaith@elearn-solutions.co.uk

www.elearn-solutions.co.uk

The information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by any other person is not permitted. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. The contents of this message may contain personal views which are not the views of eLearn Solutions unless specifically stated.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.