Problem with most recent Storyline 360 Build

Jul 21, 2020

My team and I installed the newest build of Storyline 360 (Build 3.42.22691.0 for July 21st). When we open up any previously saved projects, however, we notice that some and/or all of the font sizes have changed (in every case I've seen thus far, the size has been made drastically smaller). It also looks like fonts properties (bold, italics, etc.) have been removed, too.

I reinstalled the previous build from July 7th, and this "fixed" the problem (the fonts appeared as they had before). I know that this new build added the feature for text styles, so I'm guessing it's more than a coincidence that our problem is text-related. 

Is this a known issue? Has anyone else encountered it?

14 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Mischka, 

I'm sorry to hear you've continued to have trouble with this, but I'd love to help. Our engineers are taking a look at a few files from customers to confirm the problem and our potential fix.

Are you willing to share a copy of your file with us? If so, can you please upload it to me at this link. Include a link to this discussion as well so our team can route your file properly and we'll keep you posted on this issue! 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Mischka,

No apologies necessary! Our team pushed out a fix this AM for the issue with text stylings, so you should be good to download the latest build of Storyline 360 and reopen your project. 

If you're hesitant to test it or are under a deadline, our team is happy to test for you and share a copy. You can upload that to our Support Team using this link (and I updated the one above!

Robert Reynolds

Update: The fix seems to have corrected "most" of our issues, but I'm still noticing that some courses are having issues. Primarily, if there's text on the base layer, that seems to have problems more often than not. Text on additional layers within the same slide seems unaffected. 

I don't have much more data than that for now, but it seems that the fix didn't quite fix everything.

Bret Jorgensen

Good Morning!

We just released a fix to slide master and content placeholder issues associated to Text Styles. The formatting issues you were experiencing when opening existing projects have been corrected. 

Please review the Version History for a summary of what was included in each of the Update 42 releases. 

If you encounter any problems updating or working with Text Styles, please reach out to our support team for help. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.