Problem with updating files embedded using the Player button in Storyline 360

Feb 04, 2021

When I update and embed a pdf into a course (using the Player button) so that coursetakers can download the pdf resource, the newly updated pdf often does not get saved into the revised Storyline file. I’m wondering what I am doing wrong.

1 Reply
Katie Riggio

Welcome, Robert!

Will resources that live in the Resources tab on the player transfer to a new Storyline file?

That's a great question.

When you add resources to a course, they get saved in the project, not in the player. As a result, saving your player and applying it to another Storyline project won't carry over your resources to the new project.

If you need to reuse the same resources in another project, one approach is to save the original project as a Storyline template. When you're ready to start a new project, use that template as your starting point by clicking Import Import from story template:

✎ Note: If you later modify any resources in a Storyline template, those changes won't carry over to existing projects based on that template. You'll need to make the same changes in each project separately.

Let me know if any more questions pop up! I'm happy to chat further.