Problems with 508 Testing and Latest Update

Sep 09, 2020

I updated to the latest version of Storyline 360 and now my course isn't being read properly by a screenreader (Narrator and Jaws) and it is not functioning properly in the testing tool (Microsoft Accessibility Insights - Inspect) used by our third-party reviewer.  All text boxes are showing up in the tool as "group" and not displaying the text.  It also no longer automatically goes to the first element on a layer after clicking a button as it did before the update.  Because of these issues, our course will not pass the 508 compliance review.  Was there something in the latest update that caused this? It was working great with Microsoft Accessibility Insights prior to the update.

1 Reply
Lauren Connelly

Hi Dianne!

I'm not familiar with Microsoft Accessibility Insights as an accessibility tool. Do you import your course into the tool using the web version or .story file?

The text boxes shouldn't appear as a group unless they are displayed as a group object in the Storyline course.

Would you mind if I looked at your course and tested it out on my end? You can either attach it to this discussion or upload it here.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.