Problems with blurriness/screen resolution in Articulate 360

Jan 16, 2017

Has anyone noticed a significant downgrade in resolution when upgrading a file from Storyline 2 to 360? I noticed that my slides are much blurrier in 360, not nearly as sharp as in Storyline 2.

I am very interested in upgrading to Storyline 2, but this is a concern. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

47 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hey Natalie,

In your case, you mentioned that everything in Storyline 360 looks blurry on your end, including the software interface, slides, graphics, and so on. I see that Jonathan responded that it could be a setting in your computer or something in the video driver causing it. 

Were you able to check the video resolution you are using for your display? 

1) In Windows 10, right-click your desktop and click on Display Settings 
2) Then click Advanced display settings 
3) From there you should see the Resolution selected - let us know if it says Recommended 

Natalie Sikes

Thanks, but it's a Windows 10 computer that I'm using with 360, not Windows
8. I also tried downloading it to my other laptop, which is a WIndows 8,
but it wouldn't download fully.

The computer that has 360 has very powerful specs:
Windows 10
-32GB ram
-4-core I-7 processor
-NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 960M Graphics card

I was told by tech support that 360 programming uses smaller slides?

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Magda, 

With Storyline 3 and Storyline 360 we changed how we handle high DPI/resolution monitors based on a lot of feedback about the UI in Storyline being too small. That's caused some users to see a less than crisp UI if they're using a high-resolution monitor and scaling the screen above 100%. Our team is keeping an eye on this issue and looking for other future changes we can implement to help with this.

In the meantime, you can check your DPI settings to look at keeping the scaling as close to 100% as possible

Crystal Horn

Thanks for confirming, Jack. I applied those settings to my desktop, and I could see slight blurriness in Storyline, but it sounds like it might be posing a real challenge to your workflow.

If you'd like our technical experts to test run some different combinations with you, feel free to start a conversation with them here.  With your Teams subscription, you have a live chat option, too.  In the meantime, we'll keep this discussion updated with any changes to the scaling behavior for Storyline 360.  

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.