Problems with Storyline 360, HTML5 and IE11
We've just been made aware of a problem with a Storyline 360 course when it is viewed on a Surface Pro using IE11. The picture breaks up really badly, although those words don't really do justice to what we see on screen.
We published the course in HTML5 over Flash (given that this is the way Articulate and browsers are moving) but this is clearly the source of the problem - reverse the priority and it plays perfectly. Other courses we've published the same way play cleanly on the same device in the same browser, although potentially don't have quite the same level of complexity. The problem course plays on other devices and other browsers without any issue.
Testing was carried out by publishing to Articulate 360 to ensure that our LMS wasn't at fault.
The questions that spring to mind are:
1. Could there be a device issue here?
2. If not, do different versions of IE11 cope with HTML5 in different ways? The 'problem' build is 11.15.16299.0 (other devices use 11.916.10586.0)
3. Could the complexity of the course be pushing the limits of the browser in HTML5 in this particular case?
4. Do both Articulate and MS work to exact HTML5 standards, or is this a case of trying to keep up with whatever updates are applied to browsers?
4. What would be the recommendation going forward, considering the move away from Flash?
I've attached an error log file in the hope that this may help shed some light on the issue.
All comments (and hopefully a solution!) appreciated,