Problems with upgrading from Storyline 2 to 360

Mar 05, 2018

We had created course units in Storyline 2 and then decided to trial the 360. We have now encountered problems when we republished the file in 360.  Some triggers are not working and it just gets stuck on the circle timer.  I am publishing the files to our LMS and I'm publishing it as HTML with Flash fallback.  Does anyone know how I fix this problem?

12 Replies
Patricia Hannan

Hi Crystal, 

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.  We had a template created in Storyline 2 and upgraded it to 360 which seems to have broken it.   The Drag and Drop Labels freeze and will not progress. We have used this template to create other files which may be the issue.  It seems to have been okay with some but then has had issues of freezing in others.  Is it how we have saved it, or are we going to have to redesign this template in 360.  We are currently trying to decide whether to purchase Storyline 2 or 360.   I can share the other file we have created a unit on using this template but I would prefer if there was a secure way of getting this to you.  It is the one with the issue described above.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Patricia! Thanks for sending your file our way.

I published it for web and hosted it on Tempshare here. Could you please test that link and let me know if you encounter freezing on a drag and drop slide?

If you do...

• Please take a screenshot of the slide that is frozen.
  • Let me know which browser you were using when you tested the link.

I'll be standing by!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Patricia,

I've fixed the drag and drop interaction on slide 1.8 and attached the updated file here. 

I actually didn't make any fixes beyond that. If you're still seeing freezing problems on your end, it could be because you're using an outdated version of Storyline 360.

To check which version you're using, click the Help tab, then click About Storyline. You should see 3.13.15006.0 in the bottom-right corner. 

Patricia Hannan

Hi Alyssa,

The file is still freezing on the drag and drop slide, see attached screen shot.  When I click the chevron it just sits there with the timer going round and round.  I have checked the version and it is V3.13.15006.0.  This is happening when I preview the scene, so there is something still definitely wrong with the file.  Can you please take a look at it again?  Apologies for the delay as I have been in Sydney.

Many thanks for your help.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Patricia!

Really sorry you're still getting stuck. I did a screen recording of my testing in your file--you can view that recording right here. 

If you're still getting stuck on a particular slide, could you record a similar Peek screen recording to show me exactly what's happening in your file? That would be really helpful!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.