Product Confusion - Storyline 2, Studio 360 , and Articulate 360

Mar 25, 2017

I am a new bee to SL2.  I purchase the software and self-learning was not working for me.

I am looking at one of the in-person offerings.  

When I was looking into training options,  total confusion came over me.

Could anyone please explain to me what are the differences between, Storyline 2, Studio 360 and Articulate 360?

I think my main issue is Studio 360 and Articulate 360.

Thank you,

Greg

4 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi Greg!  Thanks for reaching out with your question, and I’m so glad that you’re taking advantage of some training opportunities!  

So, you’ve got Storyline 2, which is a standalone desktop authoring tool to help you build engaging and interactive e-learning courses.  This version of Storyline is our latest perpetual version, meaning that you’ve purchased a license and it will be yours to use and keep forever.

In November, we released Articulate 360, which includes Studio 360 and Storyline 360, as well as all of our other authoring tools, a library of assets, training and account management.  Articulate 360 simplifies your entire course creation process, from start to finish. Delivered as a subscription service, Articulate 360 has everything you need to source assets, author courses, collaborate with stakeholders, and grow your e-learning skills.   Here’s a comparison of Storyline 2 and Articulate 360.

Studio 360 specifically is the latest version of Studio, offered as a part of the Articulate 360 subscription.  You can rapidly transform PowerPoint slides into e-learning with Studio 360.

We partner with Yukon Learning to provide custom and open enrollment training options, and you can see additional information about what is offered here.  Right now, they will be covering Storyline 360 (the latest version) in the training, but you’ll still benefit greatly from the training if you’re using Storyline 2. You’ll be able to fully participate in every exercise in the Basic and Advanced training days. On the Advanced Day, they will cover a few of the newest triggers and features included in Storyline 360 that are not included in Storyline 2. For those instances, they’ll provide you with alternate exercises if you are using Storyline 2.

Feel free to reach out to our team if you need help getting set up with training!

Gregory Worsham

Thank you for this email. It really helped.

Please take look at this offering, this week there is a Studio Basic and
Advance course in Dallas.

From your email the only difference in this offering and the second
offering is the new bells and whistles which are offered in Articulate 360.

From your email, the first offering will cover everything needed for
Storyline 2.

Did I get that right?

- Dallas, TX March 28 - March 29, 2017
Studio 360 Basic Tue 9:00am - 5:00pm $595
Studio 360 Advanced Wed 9:00am - 5:00pm $595
Studio 360 Expert (Basic + Advanced) Tue - Wed 9:00am - 5:00pm $895
------------------------------
- Dallas, TX April 18 - April 21, 2017
Storyline 360 Basic Tue - Wed 9:00am - 5:00pm $895
Storyline 360 Advanced Thu 9:00am - 5:00pm $595
Storyline 360 Expert (Basic + Advanced) Tue - Thu 9:00am - 5:00pm $1,195
Articulate 360 Fri 9:00am - 5:00pm $595
Articulate 360 + Storyline 360 Expert Tue - Fri 9:00am - 5:00pm $1,495

Crystal Horn

Hi Greg!  So you'll want to have a look at the Storyline courses specifically.  Studio is a different product altogether.

Both of them are included if you were to subscribe to Articulate 360, but since you have Storyline 2, you'll only need to focus on Storyline related materials!

By the way, here's a few resources to get your started:

• Storyline 2 tutorials - great video based tutorials and practice files to get up and running.
  • Storyline 2 User Guide - comprehensive guide to all of the features offered by Storyline 2.  Once you start building content, this will be your go-to resource!

And if you ever need a little more help, post your questions right here in the forums.  We have a friendly and smart user community, and our staff moderates these posts as well.

Good luck, Greg!!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.