Project is corrupt or it may have been created in an earlier version of SL
So here is the problem...
I have a colleague who has an older version of SL and I am trying to take over the project. I have copied all of her files from the network to my local HDD. When I try to open the .story file, I receive the error "This project is corrupt and cannot be opened. It may have been created in an earlier version of SL."
THIS IS A HUGE PROBLEM. In the past, SL has indicated the file was created in an earlier version and would attempt to create a newer version. This time it does not.
How do I take over this project if -
- I can't open and convert the project
- I can't upgrade her version of SL (v3.44.23192.0) in fear of the same error happening on her computer.
If I open the file on her computer, it works fine.
Here is the troubleshooting that I have done:
- Copied the file from network to local C:drive. Tried to open, doesn't work.
- Renamed the file. Tried to open, doesn't work.
- Tried a Phil Mayor trick - create new project and import storyline into new project. Doesn't work. In fact, I have included the error I receive, titled "Exception during Import Powerpoint" (see attached .png)
I am going to try and downgrade my version (v3.48.24159.0) and see if I can open the file. UPDATE: While posting this message, the downgrade did not work to open the file.
Need your help Articulate. Majorly.