Publish as Video Feature not Working in Storyline 360.

Feb 08, 2018

I've tried many attempts to publish my Storyline 360 file as a video. I was extremely excited about this new feature,but it's not working properly. It either takes hours to publish and I end up getting an error message saying the file is too large (I don't think a 15 page course is very large), or it creates a five second video that is nothing but a blank screen. 

I made sure to select 'the entire course' for my publish options. Why is this feature not working?

Thanks,

Cassandra 

59 Replies
Regis Lacher

Previously in this thread Articulate staff mentioned an issue where publish to video fails with a course that has more than 30 audio clips. 

I have a 50+ slide Storyline product that has 100+ audio files. It fails to render - just hangs out and stays in the render phase for upwards of 4 days until I cancel the process.

Is the issue that I described earlier still a bug that could be influencing my problem? 

If not, any ideas on how I might resolve my issue?

Thank you!!

Katie Riggio

Sorry you're hitting this snag, Regis. Happy to help! 

First, great find. We did have an issue where publishing to video would fail if the project had more than 30~ audio clips. We fixed this on a recent update, so I'd love to rule this out as the culprit.

Could I grab the Storyline 360 update you're on? You can find this detail by clicking on the Help tab, then About Storyline.

In the meantime, I see you shared your source file with Jose from our Support team, so I'll connect this discussion to your case and follow along!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Katrin,

If you've already confirmed you're on the latest update Storyline 360, build 3.30.19518.0 and you're still having difficulty publishing to video can you share a bit more about your file and publishing methods? How big is the file? Are you following the guidelines here for editing and file naming conventions? 

Let us know, and that'll help us point you in the right direction for more troubleshooting! 

Vincent Scoma

Hi Robert,

Thank you for letting us know! 

Just to rule this out, are the guidelines that Ashley mentioned here being followed? If that is the case, I would like our Support Engineers to help take a closer look! You can reach out and connect with them by opening a support case here

Please let us know if you have any questions! 

Ren Gomez

Hi Bettina,

One item you'll want to review when publishing to video is the navigation. If you selected the Follow "Next" Actions option, you'd want to ensure your next triggers are assigned correctly from slide to slide.

If you chose the Follow Slide Numbering option, and are only getting a portion of the course in your output, feel free to share your file with us to take a closer look!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.