Publish to Word 2007 "hangs up"

Jul 27, 2012

Hi all--

I have been attempting to publish to Word to submit story to a client. It gets to Slide 1 of 32 and stays there. Any thoughts? I've not been getting any error screens, popups, etc. It just doesn't wanna work. Thanks for your help!

9 Replies
Jeanette Brooks

Hey Dawn & Tristan  - Have you tried shortening the path of your output file? Like maybe try publishing to just your My Documents folder or even your C drive? Sometimes a long path will cause issues with publishing to Word. If you continue to have trouble, you're welcome to submit your project file securely to Support so that a support engineer can help troubleshoot!

Dawn Mahoney

Good news is: I was finally able to publilsh to Word after two weeks of asking co-workers to convert files for me! 

Update on the issue:

Upon clicking over to Task Manager and choosing "Switch to" on Convert File from the listing displays a selection box, where I must choose Rich Text, HTML Document, etc. And keep clicking it every 30-45 seconds or so. 

Where would I look for properties or setting that is asking for this type of code?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.