Published project not playing ...

Nov 29, 2019

Hi, I am taking an elearning course and I have to turn in my final project.  I completed my first Storyline but it does not play when I publish it to the web.  I click on story.html5 but I just get the three moving dots...   I am not able to play my fellow students' either when I click on their projects.  I did try to Search before I posted here but did not find the same situation.  Thank you for any guidance you can provide.  

4 Replies
Jeff Forrer

Hello, this runs for me, a few questions:

1. How are you publishing this? Assuming for "Web".
  2. How are you wanting to run these courses, on a web server?  If so, unzip the files to your web server, if to an LMS, then place the zip file on your LMS.
  3. Are you clicking on story.html5 'after' unzipping the files, or while the files are still zipped?  If you just double-click that file while it is in the zip package, then you will see three dots.
  4. If you right-click the .zip file you attached, and click "Extract all", or open the folder and copy the files and paste into a new folder, you should be able to run your course.

Sheri Matt

Thank you!  That was it!  I was not unzipping.  I did as you suggested in #4 and it worked!  (I am kind of an old dog trying to learn new tricks.  This technology stuff - even as seemingly simple stuff like zipping and unzipping files - is often over my head.)

Thank you again!  I love this community!  

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.