Published Storyline course doesn't work consistently across browsers and devices. Help please?

Apr 03, 2017

Hi everyone,

I've just published a Storyline course which works fine on my pc (Chrome) but is a bit glitchy on other computers, including pcs in other offices where I work, a Dell Ultrabook and iPad. It usually gets as far as the 'Play' page, then shows a grey window with the course refusing to load any further. Either that, or it loads but not properly, so that images and text are missing.

I published to web, ticking the HTML 5 output checkbox and unticking the iPad (because I don't want users to have to download the app).

Does anyone know what the problem might be? I've uploaded my story file in case this helps with a diagnosis.  Thanks very much for your help!

13 Replies
Tracy Dix

Hi Leslie and Wendy,

Thanks for your help so far. I've had a look at the system requirements but still can't work out what the problem is. Many of these devices have the same systems and the SL course will run on some but not others.

I've uploaded the .story file. If you're able to work out what the problem might be, I'd be so grateful. Really appreciate your help!


Leslie McKerchie

I simply published as you shared above (I did have to untick the Articulate Mobile Player as it was actually selected). 

I'm going to attached the zipped file that I used for upload, so that you can try on your server. If you still experience difficulty there, then that may identify the culprit.

If it works there as well, I'd simply double check your settings and re-publish.

Tracy Dix

I think that's because I tried both methods to see if it would make any difference. Your zipped file seems to work across platforms too - you clearly have the magic touch. I've just shown it to my team and it'll need a few small changes, so I'll try re-publishing again later and hopefully it'll work.

Thanks so much, Leslie!

Tracy Dix

Hello again,

I've made some edits to my original project, but am having trouble getting it to display properly again after following the steps to publish as discussed above. I've attached some screenshots of the glitches I'm experiencing across different devices/browsers and the .story file in the hope that it'd be possible to shed some light on this.

Thanks very much!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Tracy,

Thanks for sharing your file and those screenshots! It looks like you're seeing wonky behavior in Moodle LMS. We like to use SCORM Cloud to test files that are published for LMS to determine whether the glitches you're seeing are related to your LMS or if they are within the file itself. 

Here's a link to your published file in SCORM Cloud. I tested that link, and I didn't see any glitches there. Using a supported browser for Storyline 1, give that link a try on your desktop computer and on your iPad, and let me know how it goes! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.