Publishing error

Jan 19, 2017

I have been developing a safety presentation. When I publish it some of the pictures are being changed. The original pictures look similar to this

Primary Exit Route Button

When I publish the product the writing disappears and it becomes a red box.

What is going on and how do I change that. I can upload a test copy of the course if that will help.

Thanks

5 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Scott, that's certainly strange. How are you viewing the published content? You'll want to be sure you're viewing it in the environment for which it was published using a supported browser. Just to double check - was the content created on your local hard drive?

It would be helpful if you could share a test file here, along with the specifics of how you're testing it on your end so I can do the same. 

Scott Burnett

Thanks for responding. I have attached the file here.

So the way I test it is that I publish the file from my local hard drive. I publish it in a SCORM 1.2 format, including the HTML 5 output. I upload the zipped SCORM file into Moodle (our LMS) then run it as normal.

The issue comes up on slide 3.1 (2675 Palmer St).

Alyssa Gomez

I uploaded your published course to SCORM Cloud, which is an industry standard for LMS testing. Here is the link to the published output - you'll notice I added the menu to make it easy to skip to slide 3.1. 

I tested the file in Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Firefox, and I did not see any issues with the writing disappearing in those browsers. Give that link a try, and let me know how it looks on your end. If everything looks good in SCORM Cloud but not in your LMS, open a support case with your LMS provider to troubleshoot the issue. They’ll know how best to help with LMS-specific problems.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.