Publishing issues

Sep 30, 2013

Hi there,

I have completed a project that I will eventually be uploading to our LMS.  In the meantime, I want to send it to the project SMEs, but when I publish it using 'Articulate Online' or 'Web' they can't open it? 

The first time I published it, I used a shared drive(that all parties have access to) to house it,as that is where we house all of our developed training. I shared it via email and tried using a hyperlink, no go. 

This time I published it to a local drive - my documents - as per the instructions on your site - and sent a hyperlink and they still can't open it.

any idea what I can do to make it visible to other people in our company?

Thank you!

2 Replies
Daniel Brigham

Hi, Pam: I'd suggest just publishing to LMS and placing it on the LMS and title something like TEST COURSE. Your administrator should be able to find a cozy nook on the LMS, and really how well it plays on the LMS is what you want to know. Always good to test early and often on LMS. Sorry if this suggestion isn't applicable.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Pam,

Other ideas on how to share your published content are included below and drawn from this article: 

• Tempshare: This is a free service provided by Articulate for testing Storyline content. Note: Uploaded files will be deleted after 10 days.
  • Amazon S3: Amazon S3 offers free hosting with generous usage limits. If you go over your limit, you'll be charged a graduated fee.
  • Dropbox: Place your published output in the Public folder in your Dropbox account to share it with others.
  • Google Drive: Change the story.html file to index.html, and set the sharing permissions to PublicHere's how.

My favorite is Tempshare, as it's the easiest to load up to, and it's deleted after 10 days - so no worries about it lingering around or having version issues.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.