Publishing issues

Jan 19, 2014

Sometimes when I publish files the Storyline, it goes through as if it is publishing and at the end instead of dipslaying the page to view the publish file, it goes back to the publishing screen.

This happens randomly and I can't seem to replicate this. Has anyone else had this issue?

It works again only when i close storyline and reopen the project.

1 Reply
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Mark,

That does sound strange. Is this happening for a particular project, or is it random and occurring for multiple project files?

Are you working off of a network drive, or any other external storage, by any chance? If so, please try moving your project files to your local hard drive and see if that resolves the issue.

• Work on your local drive (your C: drive). Working on a network drive or a USB drive can cause erratic behavior, including file corruption, loss of audio, and other unexpected behavior. 
  • You should also make sure the directory path to your project files and your published output is less than 260 characters (for example C:\Articulate).
  • Avoid using special characters, accents or symbols in your file names (this includes spaces and underscores).

Additional information regarding "Naming Files, Paths, and Namespaces" in Windows operating systems can be found in the following Microsoft article.

Let us know if you're already working locally, or if moving the files to your local hard drive doesn't help.

Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.