Publishing Online -Questions re: Storyline 360

Jan 30, 2018

Hello! I am having trouble understanding my options for publishing online and I was hoping someone might be able to clarify for me. 

I currently work for a company that uses storyline and when we publish things for client review we publish to our own public server. Then, once we package it and send it to the client, they publish for their learners via their server. 

I have been making projects on the side to keep for my portfolio that demonstrate all the different things I'm able to do with storyline. I use my own content so I don't run into any issues since many of our clients are military- I can't keep copies of those lessons to show as an example of my work. 

What are my online hosting options if I want to put this portfolio lesson online so I can send it as part of a portfolio? I understand that there is the publish to articulate online option, but for my intended purposes it doesn't make financial sense to pay a monthly fee for one little lesson to be hosted. 

I do own a website for a side business through Weebly, but it doesn't look as though they have the capacity to host something. I have an amazon storage account but after reading through the tutorial on here it doesn't seem as though I have the right type of account for hosting. 

I also checked with my ISP as I know some do include a little bit of hosting space but mine does not. 

Are there any other options available? 

Thanks in advance to anyone who can break this down for me. 

1 Reply
Crystal Horn

Hey there, Stephanie!  Great question.  Check out our article about publishing and sharing your Storyline 360 content.  It goes over what to do with your content once you've published it.

Wherever you choose to host your content, you'll need the ability to upload a folder with multiple files.  Once you've figured out where you're hosting your content, be sure to link it to your E-Learning Heroes profile.  It's a great platform to feature your portfolio!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.