Publishing problems

Aug 04, 2015

Hey guys, I just published my storyline project to see what it will look like, and to my dismay, my web objects did not play. am not sure if I did something wrong. Can someone help me out, thanks

9 Replies
Christie Pollick

Hi, Rose -- I see! Please note that if you view an Articulate Storyline course on your local hard drive (or send it to someone else to view on their local hard drive), you'll encounter security restrictions from the computer, web browser, Flash Player, and network that'll cause various features of your content to fail. To properly test your published content and share it with others, upload it to the environment for which it was published. Please see this information on publishing and sharing Articulate Storyline content, and testing it in the intended environment. 

Christie Pollick

Delighted to hear it, Rose! And I think what Leslie meant was if your learner would be ultimately accessing the course through, say, an LMS, you would need to upload the zipped published output onto the LMS and then you could see how it functions there (otherwise referred to as the 'intended environment'). Hope that helps clarify things! :)

Christie Pollick

Hi, Rose -- To the best of my knowledge, there are various types of services that fall under the "SharePoint" umbrella. Most commonly, you can either use SharePoint as a secure place to store, organize, share, and access information from almost any device. All you need is a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, or Firefox. 

I have also seen community members ask questions with respects to SharePoint LMS. Unfortunately, I am not able to provide support for either, but perhaps others who have experience using these services can chime in if you can specify which you are using and need further assistance. :)

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.