Publishing process not working

Feb 16, 2013

Hello,

I am trying to publish a course using Storyline. Typically after I click "publish", after generating the file the program asks me what I would like to do next, "zip file" being one of the options. Currently, it is not going through to this last step. I can click publish over and over but not get access to a generated file. What do I need to do in order to fix this ?

Thanks!

Sarah

4 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Sarah,

Are you working with files from a network drive, USB drive or any other external source, by any chance? 

1.  Work on your local drive (your C: drive). Working on a network drive or a USB drive can cause erratic behavior, including file corruption, loss of audio, and other unexpected behavior. 

2. You should also make sure the directory path to your project files and your published output is less than 260 characters (for example C:\Articulate).

3.  Avoid using special characters, accents or symbols in your file names.

Additional information regarding "Naming Files, Paths, and Namespaces" in Windows operating systems can be found in the following Microsoft article.

If you've checked all the information above, and still cannot complete the publishing process with your course, can you tell me if this happens for a specific file? Are you able to create a new, blank course and complete the publishing process?

Melissa Buckmaster

Hi Sarah and Christine,

Sarah, I was wondering what worked for you ? I have the same problem. I can publish but it does not complete and the Publish Successful dialog never comes up and therefore I cannot create a zip for my LMS. This Storyline file has Japanese translations imported into it from the translation document. I have shortened up the file names and have worked on a my hard drive to keep the directory path short. It still does not publish. Any other ideas??

Thanks,

Melissa

Christine Hendrickson

Hi there Melissa,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Thanks for making sure the files are local, that always helps :)

Does this happen with any other files? If you can, try creating a new, blank Storyline file with a little bit of similar content. Does the same thing happen?

If so, can you please confirm you're running the most recent version of Storyline? To find this information, click on "Help" and "About Articulate Storyline".

If you're not running version 3 (1305.2012), please download and install the update using the link below:

Articulate - Storyline Update 3

Once you've finished installing the update, please try publishing again.

If the publishing process still doesn't work for you, you might want to try a quick repair on Storyline:

How to repair Storyline

Let me know if you see any improvement.

Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.