Publishing to HTML5

May 20, 2015

Hi,

I am a newbie to instructional design and Storyline 2.  I am taking a course and must publish my evaluation of e-learning tools.  I have audio and video in my presentation that I created in Storyline 2.  I don't know how to "package" it so the rest of my class can view it for peer review.  The professor recommended HTML5 and zipping the file.  The university uses Moodle.  I've read the tutorials and looked at some demo videos, but am still lost.

Do I zip files first, publish first, etc.?  Do I need to only select publish to HTML5, or should I select the other two options for publishing offline and using the iOS player? I tried to publish, then zip, but my zipped folder does not have a story_HTML5 file to launch the program.

Thanks for any help you may provide.

2 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Beth,

You'll want to published as described here if uploading the Moodle. If your instructor only said HTML5, I would not select the option for the Mobile player as potentially the LMS set up you have doesn't support it. Once you've published, use the "Zip" option on the publish successful window and then you'll upload that zipped file into Moodle. You may want to see if Moodle has directions on how to accomplish that - or someone in the community may! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.