Publishing to SharePoint 2013

Jan 24, 2017

Hi everyone! So I made a quick and dirty step-by-step screen shot video and I would like to post the video to our training library on SharePoint 2013. However, I don't really want to post all of the files that accompany the project as I'm likely to get a couple of well-meaning "file explorers" generating unrelated questions/issues :) What I'd like to do is just post 1 file so the user can check it out and move on with their life. I don't need any sort of tracking on the project as it's just a reference.

Anyone have any ideas? I've tried posting the entire folder of files and just pulling one file out of the folder, but no dice. The same file works if I'm launching in SP from within the project folder, but not outside of it.

Any insights would be appreciated. :)

3 Replies
Nikki Sneddon

Thanks for the response! Unfortunately, this didn't quite solve my problem because it still shows all of the other files. However, I did figure out a work around if anyone else gets in this situation with SP. I created another view within the folder and set up the view settings to only show files that matched the name of the file I wanted users to see. The downside is that you have to train your users to click on the new view. I found some articles out on the web where people are discussing how to automatically switch the view in SP when needed, but that incorporates the use of java which is a bit above my head at the moment.

Thanks for responding though! :)

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.