Publishing to the web

Feb 13, 2018

Hope someone can help..... I use Storyline for creating courses in our learning management system but now, we have a grant where we need to have folks external to our company (without access to a learning management system), complete an online training and take an exam. We were thinking of creating the course, publishing it for the Web but I see that if we do that, we aren't able to do tracking. What exactly are the limitations? Can we not track at all? No exams? No seeing how many folks viewed the course? ? No internal quizzes? OR is there a way that someone can suggest that we can add some kind of tracking to a web-based course..... ?? a Survey Monkey link to a "test"?  Ideas?

2 Replies
Phil Mayor

Ideally you will have some form of LMS to track the content. 

You can add some code to populate a Googlesheet, but will need to ask the user to also input their Name and any other identifiers you need, not an ideal solution.

OR you could go with a external LMS maybe Laernupon or Moodle, another option is to use a wordpress plugin like learn dash or Lifter.

Laura Minor

Thanks. Sadly, the problem is that there is no learning management system available on which to post this because there is no money in the grant to do that. The folks that need to take the course will not be allowed to access our LMS since they are not employees, hence the need to publish to the web but find an alternate way to track numbers of folks who complete the course.

I'm not familiar with the options that you suggested but I'll talk to our IT folks about them. Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.