publishing to video

May 29, 2018

Hi

I need t o publish this file to video and I keep getting this error message (see attached)

Is there anything you can help me with as I need to have these completed asap

Thanks Jane

18 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Jane,

Thanks for sharing the Storyline file. I don't have the Archer Light font that is mentioned, so, unfortunately, I see the same font in the video as I do in Storyline. If you also don't have the font installed it'll default to system fonts and display those. 

If you do have the font installed and you're still seeing this, could you check that it's installed in your Windows font directory and you're publishing the video to a local drive/path to adhere with the Microsoft guidelines for file names and paths? 

If you're able to share those font files with me, I can install and then properly test it. 

Thanks Jane, I was able to install that font and saw that I still was missing the other font titled just "ArcherLight" - so perhaps that's the same issue you're having? 

It was taking me a while to publish your files to video, so I just published a few slides and took a screenshot for you here.  I did have to apply the fonts to your slides, as it wasn't picking them up automatically so I did it for just a few text boxes each slide, and it looks like those fonts are carrying through. I attached a copy of that MP4 so that you can take a look. I did see some of the fonts in the videos on your slide may be using a different font though? Could that be what you're seeing?

Jane Jordan

Hi Ashley 

i think we are going off topic for a minute with the fonts  

my first issue has always been the time it takes for storyline to publish to video and I have submitted several files/ projects where I have had this issue - some have just not published 

secondly - some have published and carried over the font correctly - which is probably what you are experiencing with the slides you have published - and some have not carried over the font 

thirdly for this font type when installed and when you open in storyline it asks for the missing font bit If you click ok it has the font update automatically 

let’s address first why it takes so long for the file to publish - what do you think? 

Hi Jane, 

Sorry if we got a little off track, I overlooked the earlier part of your conversation with Alyssa that you were having difficulty publishing at all, but I did find your case with Renz where you shared some files with him too.

I'm going to share details of our convo here with him, as he continues to test your file. I know a few folks have had similar long publishes and our team is looking into a few different causes. 

I did not see the font updated automatically, and it did seem there were two versions of this font - the ArcherLight and ArcherProLight. That seemed to be the issue I was running into. 

I'm following along in your case with Renz, so that I can share more info here once he's narrowed it down. 

Hi Jane,

Following back up here after your work with Renz trying to publish your course to video. I saw he was able to publish it, but that it still continued to take quite a long time. He's shared your course as an example for our team to investigate this issue further.

Renz and I will keep you posted on this issue in your case and as a part of the forum discussion here once we have more information. Thanks for sticking with it! 

Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Jane! I'm glad to hear you were finally able to publish the file. We're actually still looking into this bug, so please reach out if you run into it again.

Folks here in the community have much more experience with Javascript than I do, so hopefully they can provide some insight there. 

If you're still not able to get it working, can you use another video editing tool like Replay to add the background music to the MP4 file? 

Crystal Horn

Hey everybody. I'm excited to let you know that we just released update 19 for Storyline 360! It includes new features and fixes - check them all out here.

One of the fixes addresses an issue where publishing to video was taking longer than normal to complete and would intermittently crash in the process.

Here’s how you can update Storyline 360 to take advantage of everything the latest release has to offer. Let me know how you make out!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.