Publishing to Web

Jan 11, 2015

Hi, 

When I published my Storyline to Web and started playing my file it froze at slide 1.  

when I split my Storyline to smaller sections it played normally on Web. 

Any ideas why this is happening?

I am planning a 45 min Storyline presentation so need to figure out why

Thanks

Amr

15 Replies
Amr  Alaa

Thanks Michael

It only happens with web publishing.

Sent from my iPhone 5S

Valued Quality. Delivered.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This email may contain confidential or privileged information, if you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient then please notify us by return email immediately. Should you have received this email in error then you should not copy this for any purpose nor disclose its contents to any other person.

http://www.intertek.com

Amr  Alaa

Hi Michael,

Can we have a quick meeting to share my screen and show you what happens? If possible just let me know when is convenient for you.

It will help me clarify the challenge I am facing

Thanks, Amr

Learning Designer
Global Business Unit

Intertek Consulting & Training
Office Phone: +2 (02) 2702 68 80 Extension 116
Mobile: +20 111 48 22 440
Street Address: Building Number 47 ,Street Number 270 | New Maadi | Cairo, Egypt
Intertek.com

Emily Ruby

Hello Amr!

Would you be able to share the .story file privately with the link I shared above so we can publish for web and test the published output? You could try testing this in a free webserver such as Articulate Tempshare to see if it is doing the same thing. If you needed live support, you could look at the option here to buy a web conference with us.

Amr  Alaa

Hi Emily 

I tried my file on Articulate Tempshare and it worked fine. 

now, we are planning to build our 5 day course into Articulate storyline my thoughts are:

1. will Articulate be able to handle 35 hours of material in one Stortyline file?

2. Is there a maximum number of slides per Scene/file? 

3. what do you recommend on structuring our material so that it does not freeze because of file size issues

4. How can we then transfer the file to play on Android Tablets? 

5. How can we use Clickers [Remote control] to advance slides like we do with PowerPoint? I could not use my clicker with Articulate

Emily Ruby

Hello Amr!

Glad to hear the file worked on Tempshare. The freezing could be from a security setting on your web server. As far as a maximum numbers of slides/scenes, i do not believe there is any maximum, however you may want to divide this into shorter multiple courses, for concern of users having to sit through a long course, and for publishing purposes. A larger file may have issues in your web server.

I am sure others will chime in with regards to how to possibly set up a longer course such as yours, maybe with some design ideas, or ways to split it up.

For Android publishing - follow the method here.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.