Publishing to Word

May 15, 2015

Hi Articulate Community. Hope you can assist with this query.  When I publish a project to Word a 'convert file' dialogue box appears (refer to the attached). It automatically defaults to Rich Text Format (RTF). I select OK, however this dialogue box continually appears on screen and I am continually selecting OK until the project publishes to Word.  I referred to the 'Publishing a Course for Microsoft Word' tutorial, however cannot see information regarding this. Are you able to (1). Explain why this happens (2). Advise how to work around it.  It is annoying to say the least.  Thank you. Nerina

3 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Nerina, 

Thanks for sharing that image here. I haven't seen that personally while going through the publish to Word process, so I want to make sure you're following these guidelines in terms of publishing. When I've seen other users come across that behavior they were able to resolve it by following the steps below:

1) Launch MS Word and please make sure there is only 1 instance of the program running. 
2) In Word 2007: click on the circle in the upper left corner of Word and select Word Options. 
In Word 2010: Click on File and select Options.

3) Select Advanced and scroll down to the bottom. 

4) In the General section, uncheck Confirm file format conversion on open (see screenshot ConvertFileMSWord.PNG for your reference). 
5) Select Ok button and close MS Word. 
6) Launch Storyline and open a Project file. 
7) Publish for Word and see if you still encounter the same error message.

Please let us know if you still need help after going through those steps. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.