Publishing without Flash?

Mar 04, 2016

Hi there! I am still very new to Storyline. I think it's very user friendly and have really enjoyed it so far. We recently built and published a new course; however, some of our learners are unable to complete the quiz at the end because they do not have Adobe Flash installed on their computers. First, we have created and published a few other items and have not seen this problem (maybe because there is not a graded quiz in them), and second, if this is the problem, is there a way to disable flash?

9 Replies
Brian Allen

Hello Coy, 

You cannot publish without Flash, but what you can do is make sure you're selecting HTML5 when publishing, and then point to the story_html5.html file (index_lms_html5.html for LMS).

If you point directly to the HTML5 launch file then even desktop and laptop computers will launch the non-flash version of the course.

There are some aspects of quizzing not supported in HTML5, but most of it is.  You can see the complete comparison btwn Flash and HTML5 here - https://www.articulate.com/support/storyline-2/comparing-flash-html5-and-articulate-mobile-player-output-for-articulate-storyline-2

Mike B.

Awesome!

Storyline does a great job with this part, but it would be nice to have a few more options in this department. I've noticed the index_lms uses code from Rustici (the SCORM Cloud company) which may make it difficult for Articulate to make mods to the code themselves.

Btw, Rustici is a great company to work with. Their support has been above and beyond any other company I've worked with in 25 years. SCORM Cloud (or Engine) provides solutions to a lot of issues encountered with LMS's, and there's a fully-featured free trial.

Clare Stevens

Hi guys

I realise this is an old thread but hoping one of you may be able to assist. 

I have published a program in Articulate Presenter (don't have Storyline) and experiencing similar issues with a number of users being presented incorrect text boxes/directions (e.g. scroll down - when there is no scroll). I have been told that these users may not have Flash player installed. Can you please shine some light on how I get around this?

I notice a comment above saying the course will automatically detect that and show users the HTML5 content instead of the Flash content, without having to do anything, but this isn't my experience. I've added a screenshot displaying how I published the program with HDMI5 selected, but unfortunately this hasn't worked..

Thanks in advance
Clare

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.