Issue with 360cleanup.bat file

Oct 11, 2019

Hello forum,

Recently SL has stopped letting me import ppts. I tried all the fixes found in the forums but get the same error "Failed to import ppt presentation."

I submitted a case and received the steps outlined below. 

I uninstalled all of my apps and downloaded the cleanup file; however, when I right-click on the file there is no option to "run as administrator." If I simply click "Open" Windows blocks the file saying it will damage my computer.

I'm wondering what I should do about not being able to run as admin (I am indeed the admin on my computer) and if it's ok just to click Open instead. I don't know what the purpose of this type of file is so I'm unsure how to handle this.

I'm hoping someone can help me out as I've just uninstalled all my apps and need to work tomorrow. 

Thanks in advance.

---

1) Close the Articulate 360 desktop app if it's running. Just right-click the Articulate icon in your computer's system tray (by the clock) and choose "Quit."

2) Go to your Control Panel and uninstall all Articulate 360 apps, including the Articulate 360 desktop app, Peek 360, Replay 360, Storyline 360, and Studio 360.

3) Download and extract this zip file on your computer:

http://articulate-360-kb.s3.amazonaws.com/360cleanup.zip

4) Right-click the 360cleanup.bat file and choose "Run as administrator." The script should only take a few seconds to remove all the Articulate files and registry keys from your computer.

5) Reboot your computer.

6) Download and install the latest Articulate 360 desktop app here:

https://360.articulate.com/downloads

7) Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app and click "Install" beside each authoring app you want to install.

8) Reboot your computer and test your Articulate apps.

1 Reply
Juan Miguel Magdangal

Hi Nadia!

The Run As Administrator option will not show up if you did not extract the file from the zip file.
Do you get a similar window to the one attached (Annotation 1)? If yes, you should just click more Info and a run anyway button should show up (Annotation 2).

If this window does not show up, you will need to extract the file from the zip and choose run as administrator.

The contents of the file is as follows, which in summary just cleans up Storyline Directories in your PC.

@ECHO OFF

ECHO Articulate 360 user files and settings will be removed.
ECHO.

REM Temporary files
ECHO Removing temporary files...
RMDIR "%TEMP%\Articulate" /s /q
ECHO.

REM Logs
ECHO Removing log files...
RMDIR "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Articulate\360\Logs" /s /q
ECHO.

REM ApiCache
ECHO Removing cached API files...
RMDIR "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Articulate\360\ApiCache" /s /q
ECHO.

REM Settings
ECHO Removing user settings...
REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Articulate\Articulate.Presenter\360" /f
REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Articulate\Common\Settings" /f
REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Articulate\Engage\360" /f
REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Articulate\Presenter\360" /f
REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Articulate\Quizmaker\360" /f
REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Articulate\Replay\360" /f
REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Articulate\Storyline\360" /f
ECHO.

ECHO Articulate 360 user files and settings have been removed.

In essence, it's safe to run this file since it only removes Articulate Files.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.