Question

Jul 08, 2016

I am having as problem in Articulate. I have a base layer with a menu on it. I have 1 layer which plays about 20 seconds in. The user does the interaction on the layer then presses a bottom to return to the base layer and the menu. the user then uses the menu to navigate the module returning to it after each section. Every time I return to it the Layer plays again but I don't want it to. I have ticked resume saved state but it still plays. Any ideas??

3 Replies
Christine Hounsham

Hi Amy,  for next time if you wanted to have it on a layer like your original set up - I would put an extra condition on your player layer trigger.  For eg:

- show layer, when timeline reaches x seconds; and if variable y (PlayerSlide1.Z) equals 0.  

- On the layer add a trigger to increase variable y by +1 on start of timeline of Layer - this layer.

This way next time your user returns to menu slide, layer won't show because variable y will equal 1.   Because variables work across slides they are ideal to use in cases where  coming back to same slide again and again.  

Cheers Christine

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.