Question Bank

Oct 19, 2018

Hi, 

I am looking to find out if I can created one question bank to fit my needs.  I have 5 Learning Objectives(LO) that I would like to test.  I would like to create 2 questions for each Learning Objective and would like the questions to be random.  From what I can tell the only way for me to do this is to create 5 question banks with 2 questions each and to set it up to randomly draw 1 question.  I would like to be able to have one question bank, with 10 questions and to have one question from each Learning Objective pull at a time. Is there a way to lump questions together within one question bank?  

Is there a way to do this with one question bank. I have to have one question from each Learning Objective be tested.

LO1 - 2 questions, I only want one question to randomly be shown

LO2 - 2 questions, I only want one question to randomly be shown

LO3 - 2 questions, I only want one question to randomly be shown

LO4 - 2 questions, I only want one question to randomly be shown

LO5 - 2 questions, I only want one question to randomly be shown

I am thinking the only way to get this to work would be to created 5 question banks with 2 questions each.  

Thank you for any advice!

2 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Melanie!  You've hit the nail right on the head:  You'll need 5 question banks.

If you need to randomly show one of two questions from each LO, and it's a requirement that learners see a question from each LO, use a separate bank for each LO.  It's the only way to ensure that they'll get a sample from each (apart from doing an overly complicated workaround with variables).

Once you get on a roll, it should be relatively straightforward in getting those question banks and draw slides set up.  Let me know if you need a hand!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.