Question Bank Problem

Jan 25, 2017

I have a project which includes a final quiz. Originally I had the quiz as separate slides, but I had a problem arise after publishing that caused the buttons in the quiz to stop functioning after the first question was answered. I then placed the questions into a question bank thinking it might resolve the issue. The problem: When I publish the course and go through it and arrive at the quiz, the first question works fine. I can answer the question, see the feedback screen, and click continue. When it lands on the next question the answer buttons (T/F, Multiple Choice, etc) no longer function and strange Previous/Next buttons appear in the lower right (see attached screenshot). The custom Submit button works but throws an error stating "Invalid Answer. You must complete the question before submitting." The quiz and entire course work great when I preview, but then this issue appears after publishing. I'm using custom navigation buttons rather than the defaults and I have gone through numerous times and made sure that each screen throughout the course has all default buttons disabled. The strange Previous/Next buttons that appear in the lower right don't even look like the default buttons. I have gone through every screen in the template/Master Slides to try and find these strange Previous/Next buttons and remove them, but I find them nowhere. Has anyone seen this before? Any ideas?

One additional note: The strange Previous/Next buttons function correctly. But the answer buttons on each new quiz question still do not function.

6 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Chet!

Thanks for sharing those details here. A few questions to narrow down why this could be happening:

It might help if you could share your file with me so I can try and replicate the issue on my end. You can attach it directly to this thread, or you can send it over to our Support Engineers if you'd prefer to keep the file private. If you do decide to open a case, be sure to share your case number with me so I can follow along!

Chet Poulton

Alyssa, To answer your questions, yes, I am working on and viewing the published content from my local drive. I am also viewing the published content using the story_html5.html from the published output folder.

I need to keep the content private and secure so I will upload it to the Support Engineers for their review.

Thanks!

Chet

Alyssa Gomez

Hey Chet,

I see that you're working with Lea in your case, and that she recently replied to you via email:

The error is due to the Submit Results trigger that was added in the quiz slides. I have removed these triggers and only retained the Submit Interaction triggers in each of the slides. The Submit Results is retained only on the Results slides, and I have moved this to be the first trigger for the Result slide.

I also wanted to mention that if you view content on your local hard drive, you'll encounter security restrictions from the computer, web browser, Flash Player, and network that'll cause various features of your content to fail. To properly test your published content and share it with others, upload it to the environment for which it was published.

Please be sure to reach out here or to Lea if you have any more questions!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.