Question bank problem

Hi everyone,

Just having an issue with my results slide and showing the individual results for the question banks.

I have 2 banks both with 5 questions drawn from each, and when I reach the end of testing the course, I'm only getting 0/5 despite answering questions correctly.

I inserted the reference for each bank from the variables list and also added a trigger to each correct feedback layer to +1 

The variable from the reference list I'm using is %Qbank1% 

Is this an issue with the variable, or something else?

Thank you!

6 Replies
Hannah Stone

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me and sorry for the delay

I think I have resolved the issue after tinkering with the variables and triggers

It looks like the issue was in my trigger for adding a value to a correct answer

I had it set to '+1 when the user clicks the continue button' in the correct feedback layer. This apparently does not submit the value so on the results no score would be accumulated. It works when I have the trigger set to '+1 when the timeline starts' on the correct feedback layer.

I'm kind of new to storyline so is this something that could be explained? Is there a difference between these two triggers?

Thank you

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Elisa and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

You are welcome to reach out to the user directly via the 'Contact Me' option on the user profile if you do not hear back soon.

Are you running into a problem with your .story file? With your permission, I'd be happy to take a look at your project file to investigate what's happening. You can share it publicly here, or send it to me privately by uploading it here. I'll delete it when I'm done troubleshooting.