Quiz

Sep 22, 2014

Hi:

I am presently assembling a module for our crane operators.  I have run into a problem where "if they answer the question correctly the can jump to the next question, if they do not then they have to watch the video immediately following the question".  My question is:  How do I get "slide 1.5 to jump to 1.7 if they answer correctly or jump to 1.6 (video) if they answer incorrectly?"  I set a variable and a trigger but I can't get them to work.

Jump to slide 1.7 when the timeline ends [condition:  CorrectAnswer==Equal to True.    Variable - Name: CorrectAnswer / Type:  True/False / Default Value: True

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong?  I switched from Captivate to Articulate and I could make this work in Captivate, but I REALLY like Articulate better.

3 Replies
Rebecca Fleisch Cordeiro

Hi Linda,

Glad you're liking Storyline .

Not sure if you have a quiz question set up, but if you do, it's pretty easy to make this happen (although it can certainly also be done without a quiz question).

I threw together a REALLY plain example, all function, no form.

The first slide is a T/F question. Next slide would be the "video slide." 3rd slide would be the "after the video" slide.

Check out the correct and incorrect layers on the Quiz Slide.

For the correct layer, I changed the trigger on the continue button to jump to the 3rd slide (so, it skips the "video slide). when the Learner clicks Continue.

For the incorrect layer, the continue button trigger jumps to the next slide, that is, the video slide.

I've left the menu active so you can see what's going on.

So, that's one way! Oh, and the attached in an SL1 file.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.