11 Replies
Rebecca Fleisch Cordeiro

Hi Cindy,

That does seem odd, since you've replaced the Results slide. Can you explain what you mean by it's still scoring as though there are 5 questions?

Have you looked at how it's calculating? Does it look like this, that is, showing that the scoring is based on 4 quiz slides? And is it calculating for selected questions (see yellow highlight in screenshot)?

Rich Walker

I am having a similar issue. I have deleted and re-inserted a result slide and my setup is similar to your screen shot. Upon inserting the new results slide it is creating new variables. I cannot delete the old variables and my results slide comes up with strange percentages, like it is adding in additional questions. I have 10 questions worth 1 point each. You can see in the result slide it shows 18 correct and a passing score of 15.2. It looks as if Storyline is doubling the variable or calculating something strange.

Rebecca Fleisch Cordeiro

Rich, tx for pointing out about the old/new variables. Although it doesn't happen to me consistently when I delete/insert a Results slide (I just tried to make it happen and it didn't), it HAD been a known issue, and many of us have reported about the inability to rename those Results variables.

Although I don't see it listed as a fix in the latest update, perhaps it was? There's a link here to the latest update (update 6) if you don't have it.

To determine which Results variables your newly inserted results slide is using, Go to the Results slide and look at the references. For example you can that the ones in my screen shot are using Results.ScorePercent and Results.PassPercent, but yours may be Results1.ScorePercent, and Results1.ScorePercent.

Also, one of the Super Heroes (I think it was James Kingsley) gave a tip a while back for renaming the "bad" results variables that you can't delete: you can click 2X inside the Results box. That will make the text "active" and you can rename it to something like "z" so it's at least out of your way. If you rename them as "Results.ScorePercent" (etc.) be careful about positioning of the period.

Please shout out with any questions.And if this wasn't helpful and you're still having trouble with your slides, please upload here if possible and the community will take a look.

Cindy Lovell

Thank you for your follow up Rebecca. I do have it set to calculate per "Selected Questions". These are the only four quiz questions in the module worth 10 points each. Here is a screen shot of how the "Results" slide appears when all four questions are answered correctly. It scores incorrectly.

Rich Walker

OK, I think I have determined that the issue is a corrupted question bank. The bank currently has 10 questions, but the results is seeing it as having more questions. (Some questions previously deleted.) I recreated the question bank from scratch and then selected it to be used for the results slide and it is now properly calculating. This may be a bug in Storyline when you delete questions out of a bank it is not properly "refreshing" the bank.

I hope this might help you Cindy.

Ashley Terwilliger

Hi Rich,

I tested this out in a file by adding a question bank with 5 questions, and a results slide. During the first Preview everything worked as expected and I scored 100% with 50 points (10 points each question). I then went and deleted a slide from the question bank at random, and then previewed again - I answered all correctly and still got a score of 100% with 40 points. I'm not able to replicate the behavior you're describing, but I'd like to take a look at your file and see if there is anything specific that may be a part of your set up that I'd need to include.

Also, I wanted to share a reminder about working on your project files following the directions outlined here:

  • Work on your local drive (your C: drive).Working on a network drive or a USB drive can cause erratic behavior, includingfile corruption, loss of audio, and other unexpected behavior.
  • You should also make sure the directory pathto your project files and your published output is less than 260 characters(for example C:\Articulate).
  • Avoid using special characters, accents orsymbols in your file names.

If you can share the .story file here, or even a sample/mocked up version with the same behavior we'll see how it behaves on our end as well.