Quiz Not Resetting

Apr 03, 2020

Hi there,

When the user goes from Scene 2 to Scene 3, the slide is not resetting and is not allowing them to actually take the quiz. The coins are grayed out when Scene 3 begins and I need to have it look and act like Scene 2 when it started. Any help is appreciated.

Answers:

1.       Choice Checking

2.       Share Savings

3.       Personal Line of Credit

1.       Classic Auto Loan

2.       First-Time Homebuyer Mortgage

3.       Platinum Low Rate Card

1 Reply
Kyle Mullaney

I love this idea. It's pretty cool.

1. You need to make the text of the choices clickable.
  2. I missed a question in the first section and the finish button on the results slide is not working
    1. The finish button is marking the course as complete but not advancing slides. I would not mark this course as complete at this point. The LMS will read that and what the user does next won't matter: complete the course or abandon it. The LMS will say the course is complete. (Unless this will be separate modules which is what I suggest in point 4)
    2. At present users cannot get to the next scene. On this slide there are no player buttons to advance. And the button doesn't have a trigger to advance. You need to fix the trigger on the button.
  3. It seems like a lot of small bits of content to retain before subsequent quizzes. I would do a little content then a quiz and a little more content then a quiz.

Your actual issue. I discovered this the hard way even thought I was following the advice below:

1. You need to name everything on the timeline.
  2. Currently your results slide shape is triggering when objects of the same name are in the state 'normal'. It is looking at all objects in the course. So, since the objects on slide 2.2 are the same names as the objects on slide 3.2, 3.2 sees them as complete. 
    For some reason Storyline sees all shapes named "rectangle 1" as the same shape. There is no unique identifier under the hood. I think this allows for some cool interactions between slides. This is why Storyline adds a 1 or 2 to every shape on a duplicated slide.
    1. If you name them 2.2 coin 1 and 2.3 coin AND set the trigger on each slide to recognize the correct and correctly named shapes you slide will work.
  3. Again! Always name everything on each slide.
    That is a command from the chief evangelist at Articulate in a training I attended.
  4. Finally, you need to rest the question variables on slide 3.2. As they were set to true on 2.3 they remain so on 3.2.
    Variables are accessed throughout the project. That allows for interactions between slides. i.e. what happens on one slide affects what is seen on a later slide. Exactly what is happening here.
    1. You might want to make new variables questions on 3.2 to preserve the previous results page for section 2.
    2. Instead of true/false consider numeric variables as you want 3 states not 2: answered, correct, false.
      The current set up is hard to follow. And you have to reset so many variable on 3.2.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.