Quiz Resets

Dec 18, 2018

I create unit quizzes . Students need to score 80% to pass.

If they fail, I want them to review the course materials, not just retake the quiz. I have a review course button on the results slide that takes them back to the first slide of the unit with a trigger to reset quiz results and a jump to trigger that takes students to the first slide of the module. If I set the quiz slides to "automatically decide" upon revisit, will this allow them to retake the quiz?

FYI, the output is to SCORM package for placement within an LMS.

6 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Paul! Happy to point you in the right direction. It sounds like you have everything set up correctly so far!

Your "Review course" button has these two triggers, in this order:

• Reset results when the user clicks the "Review course" button
  • Jump to [first content slide] when user clicks the "Review course" button

That "reset results" trigger will reset all of the quiz slides and allow learners to retake each question. Setting the quiz slides to "automatically decide" upon revisit is a good idea, too.

Let me know if you have any trouble with that setup!

Paul Desmarais

Hi Alyssa,

Thank you for your reply. I had the triggers in the wrong order. I am, however, having another problem. I want the participants to be allowed three attempts. Right now, the quiz works perfectly for the original attempt and the second attempt, but if the participants fail a second time, when they go to retake, all they get is a big gray screen with dots on it.

Is there a way to make this work?

Alyssa Gomez

So sorry you ran into that, Paul. Are your quiz questions stored in a question bank?

If so, we've seen similar behavior when retrying question slides in a question bank. This seems to happen after the second quiz attempt.

You can temporarily work around this problem by rolling back to Update 22. Here's how.

As soon as we get this resolved, we'll let you know, then you can resume using Update 23 again. Thanks for reaching out!

Crystal Horn

Hey Paul. I'm excited to let you know that we just released update 25 for Storyline 360! It includes new features and fixes - check them all out here.

One of the fixes addresses an issue where a course could freeze or lock up when retrying a quiz from a question bank.

Here’s how you can update Storyline 360 to take advantage of everything the latest release has to offer. Let me know how you make out!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.