Quiz Result Slide

Sep 17, 2014

I have created a quiz in Storyline and added a Result slide. When I complete the quiz and click the "Review Quiz" button, it reviews the first question and then jumps to the quiz introduction slide instead of going through all the questions in the quiz. How do I set it to review all questions?

My Result Slide Options are:

Show user's score

Show passing score

Allow user to review quiz

Show correct/incorrect responses when reviewing

Allow user to retry quiz

My Triggers are as follows:

Slide Triggers:

Show layer Success

When the timeline starts

If Results.ScorePoints is Greater than or equal to Results.PassPoints

Show layer Failure

When the timeline starts

If Results.ScorePoints is Less than Results.PassPoints

Submit results 1.19 Results Slide When the time starts

Object Triggers

Button 1

Review results 1.19 Results Side

When the user clicks Button 1 - "Review Quiz"

Button 2

Reset results 1.19 Results Slide

When the user clicks Button 2 - "Retry Quiz"

6 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Ginger,

Where is the "quiz introduction" slide located? What triggers are associated with your first quiz question? Where does the course go after the quiz introduction slide?

It may be easier to troubleshoot this issue if we're able to take a look at your .story file and see the behavior in action and how you've set up the associated triggers. You can attach it here using the paperclip icon to share it in the forums.

Ginger Walkup

Hi Ashley,

The quiz introduction slide is at the end of the presentation and right before the first question. After the course introduction slide, it goes to the first question.

The trigger for the first question takes the user to the second question.

I have tried several time to upload my file for you, but I keep getting a 404 Server Error.

Greg Faust

" When I complete the quiz and click the "Review Quiz" button, it reviews the first question and then jumps to the quiz introduction slide instead of going through all the questions in the quiz."

As Ashley's questions hinted, the key is probably in the triggers on the first question. You say it jumps from question 1 to the quiz introduction slide? That's a trigger on the question 1 slide. Tell us more about the question 1 slide.

Also, double-check that your results slide is set to apply to ALL quiz questions (and not just question 1).

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.