Quiz scoring at 100% despite answering incorrect???

Feb 28, 2019

I have a multiple answer quiz where the client want to force the user to answer the correct alternative - before they can proceed. But that seems to ruin the scoring slide to show 100%, despite having chosen incorrect answers.

So when I choose:

Alternative 1: Wrong. 

Alternative 2: Wrong. 

Alternative 3: Correct.

On the result slide, it gives me a score of 1 (100%) - even though I have given 

Alternative 1:  -1 point

Alternative 2:  -1 point

Alternative 3:  1 point

I have tried having feedback by question and by choice. Same result. Any suggestions to what I am doing incorrectly?

This problem has eaten 5 hours of my workday so far! Arrrgh!

Anders

1 Reply
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Anders,

Thanks for sharing that sample file so that I could take a look.

In this example, if the user selected the two incorrect answers first, then the correct answer, they would still get a maximum of -1, so would never pass the results overall, correct?

Is that the intention? Just to navigate through the course, force the correct answer, but have the score reflect how they actually did with the content?

You would need to use variables to do so. By using the built-in scoring, the final submission is what is counted.

We have had some other community members share how they worked with negative scoring to reflect the attempts more accurately. Take a look here.

I look forward to how others in the community would build this as well.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.