Quiz scoring incorrectly with Storyline 360

Oct 07, 2019

Hi Everyone,

I am hoping someone can help or the articulate team with an issue we have had for many months now where the quiz is scoring incorrectly

Basically we have created a number of quizzes using storyline 360 which has a result slide at the end. However we have found and numerous occasions that when the user gets to their results slide and is marked less than 100% (and specifically if it falls below the pass mark) the user reviews their answers with incorrect scoring.

The user has correctly answered the question (correct radial button selected) however the question has been marked as incorrect (see screen shot). What is odd this is sporadic and does not affect everyone. And it is not just related to one quiz we have built but a few different quizzes.

We have had several people looking at this. Our LMS provider which is a Totara/moodle platform have checked it and ran it on the LMS to see if it is something there. But they were able to recreate the issue on the LMS as well as Scorm Cloud. We have had the UK distributor of Articulate look at it and the same was found as the LMS provider. It seems a mystery especially as it is not just one quiz but a few and it is occurring randomly to users. Note that we use Chrome in house and also recommend Chrome when modules are being completed on own devices.

I am happy to share the files with articulate if someone can provide the contact details.

Has anyone else experienced this?

17 Replies
Adam Kenworthy

Wow thanks everyone for jumping on so quick.

Maybe I should add a few other points.

All quizzes effected are draw from a bank and draw questions randomly but include all questions.

The quizzes are selected to Automatically Decide on revisiting.

Now one quiz has  next/prev buttons we have put in and the other is storyline default.

What we have in all quizzes is the user is able to navigate back and fourth through the quiz should they wish to revisit a question to check answers or change them before a final submission screen which takes them to the results slide.

I would love to share the file with you on here but not sure I am able to on an open forum.

Lisa Woodring

This is also happening to me.  Attached is an example of the course when we sent it to review 360.  This same thing also happens randomly when it's in the LMS (SuccessFactors).  And it doesn't happen to everyone - maybe just 1 or 2 people out of 500 this will happen to.  It doesn't make any sense.  As you can see, the user selected the correct response, the little green arrow tells them which answer is correct, but the red box appears telling them it's incorrect.

If anyone has found any other solutions, please let me know!!

Lauren Connelly

Hi Lisa!

Since you're seeing the same snag in both Review 360 and SuccessFactors, that leads me to believe this is specific to the file. It would be helpful to see the file to determine if this is a bug! 

Would you mind sharing your file with our Support Engineers for further troubleshooting?

• Connect with a Support Engineer by using this link.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.