Quizzes won't reset SL 360

Aug 27, 2019

Hello, even though this is a subject that many people have been asking about, I still can't find the solution to my "small" problem.

My employer has asked me to create a course which really is nothing but a presentation that just moves forward automatically (except for one slide, and yes I have found the solution as with regards to how to override the automatic progress for that particular slide). The presentation is only to be broken up by a quiz at the end of each chapter. The quizzes are of various drag-and-drop and multiple choice kinds. There are two to three options on the multiple choice questions, and from four to six on the drag-and-drop. If the user fails he/she will have to go back and retry until correct. Then at the correct answer the user can click "Continue" to go to the next scene. If no click happens I have added a "next scene" trigger at the end of the (five second) timeline. All this works fine.

The seekbar is available after completion, and the menu is rescticted. The user is allowed to go back to review the previous slides, but if he/she does so and returns to the quiz, the quiz is not reset. Especially drag-and-drop items bundled on top of each other can be confusing to the user.

The next chapter is revealed after correct answer is given.

But I cannot get the quizzes to reset, no matter what. I would like them all to be reset whenever the user leaves a quiz slide, either to go back to review the information slides, or whenever he/she moves forward. Is it not possible to do that without the sometimes unnecessary "Results" slide? Isn't it possible to somehow tell the layer "Correct," which is found in all the excellent quiz templates you provide, that once this has been passed the user will be taken to the next scene (or wherever I want him/her to go) and the quiz is reset? Or better: That the quiz is reset whenever a quiz slide is left (which will for the most part be backwards in the course to review).

I do hold the option open that I may have misunderstood something here.

Best regards,

Bent
Norway

3 Replies

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.