Quizzing not Working in Storyline

Apr 01, 2016

I am trying to add a quiz slide into storyline but when I try and add in the answers for my multiple choice, the answers dissapear. When I hit submit only the question shows up on the slide, not the answer choices. When I preview it does the same thing. I am so frustrated. I have tried different types of quizzes and nothing is working. I have a headache. Please help. Thank you. 

12 Replies
Diana Tyser

I do not have Storyline 2. I have Storyline 1. Will that make a difference in these instructions?

Diana Tyser | Portfolio Trainer| Venterra Realty
1751 Babcock Rd. | San Antonio, TX 78229
c: (210) 624.1886 | p: (210) 321.1700 | f: (210) 321.1751
dtyser@venterraliving.com | www.venterraliving.com
A Better Way of Living
P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail - Thanks!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

HI Diana,

First off, just an fyi that responding in the forums includes your signature here so you're welcome to edit the post and remove that information. Additionally you can use the directions here for Storyline 1 (although they're the same, it's nice to have the directions for your product I'm sure). The same form can be used to connect with our Support engineers. 

Hi Diana,

Without seeing your file it's difficult to say what else is happening, but odd behavior is typically resolved by the steps that Christie and I shared above. If you'd like to share your file with us here or our support engineers we're happy to take a look at it, although we don't have a phone support line since investigating a problematic file is often longer and more involved than we'd want to do in a call. Depending on the issue and necessary steps, our support engineers will be able to determine how to proceed further. 

Diana Tyser

I worked with John yesterday on the voice over in PowerPoint so that has been taken care of. Thankfully.

Now I am having issues with quizzing. Each time I try to add a quiz my answers don’t show up and when I click to go back into quizzing it shuts down storyline and I have to start again. It adds a giant X over my entire slide.

I definitely would like to do a screen share. I didn’t find the forums helpful.

Diana Tyser | Portfolio Trainer| Venterra Realty
1751 Babcock Rd. | San Antonio, TX 78229
c: (210) 624.1886 | p: (210) 321.1700 | f: (210) 321.1751
dtyser@venterraliving.com | www.venterraliving.com
A Better Way of Living
P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail - Thanks!

Hi Diana,

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't found the forums helpful, but the screensharing is just not something we're equipped to do within the forums. 

The red X is typically a sign of corruption, so I'd advise you again to go through the steps documented here to repair Storyline and confirm that you're working on local project files. I'll also open up a case on your behalf so that one of our Support Engineers can work with you directly on this issue. 

Lastly, responding via email includes your signature here - so you are welcome to edit the post to remove that information if you'd like. 

Diana Tyser

Thank you Ashley, I have done everything I was told I needed to do AND have read your forums. NOTHING is working as I have stated in my original emails. I am beyond frustrated that I can’t get any REAL help other than “here is a link, hope it helps!” I know a screen share is possible because I did it yesterday with John to resolve my voice over issue. I need to do the same again today with a Support Engineer so I can finally complete this project. I really am unsure as to why I am having so many issues with a program that costs so much to purchase and then on top of that to be told I have to read forum after forum to try and solve it on my own. It’s ridiculous. Someone just needs to help me so I can move on from this project.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.