Radio button question

Feb 21, 2019

Hello! I am working on a slide in Articulate Storyline where I have one column of radio buttons and one column of check boxes. The learner will choose three (or more) from each column. The column with my check boxes works great, but the column with the radio buttons will only allow me to select one, versus more than one. How can I correct this?

Thanks so much for any help you can provide!

2 Replies
Ned Whiteley

Hi Mary,

The nature of radio buttons is that you can only select one at a time. As with the old style radios from where they got their name, when you push one button in, the previously selected button pops out.

If you want your users to be able to select multiple choices, you have two options available to you:

a.  resort to another column of check boxes

b. create your own set of radio button style check boxes and then convert your slide to a free-form Pick Many slide (see attached example)

If you choose the second option, the best bet is to simply draw a small circle, edit its states to add a Selected state and then copy it down the page to create the number of buttons you require. Once you have done that, you are ready to convert your slide to a free-form question slide.

The "correct answer" on the example slide is the bottom two choices.

I should of course add that, if you don't want to create a question from this slide, all you need to do is to create the necessary triggers to indicate when the button has changed from Normal to Selected in order to see what choices were made.

Hope this helps.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.