Radio Buttons

Apr 22, 2013

Is there a way  to disable the Next button until after each radio button has been visited? Visited isn't an available state, I tried changing the state on the button from normal to selected after it has been clicked. I also created a varable SleepComplete, that is false until all three buttons are selcted, but none of this has worked.

7 Replies
Michael Hinze

Radio buttons are typically used in button sets. meaning only one of these buttons can be selected at a time. If you do want to use radio buttons, make sure they are not part of a button set (right-clik each radio button and select Buttonset>>None. Then you could add a condition to the Next button, so it it jumps to next slide only if all three buttons are in selected state. See attached sample and here is the published version.

Mindy Smoak

This is helpful for a problem I have as well, but really in my case it is that I have three different questions with True or False radio buttons and the user needs to select True or False for each of the questions before they advance. So in my case I need to make sure one option has been selected for each of the three sets. Like a quiz, but the client doesn't like the look and feel of built in quizzes.

Thanks.

Michael Hinze

Mindy Smoak said:

This is helpful for a problem I have as well, but really in my case it is that I have three different questions with True or False radio buttons and the user needs to select True or False for each of the questions before they advance. So in my case I need to make sure one option has been selected for each of the three sets. Like a quiz, but the client doesn't like the look and feel of built in quizzes.

Thanks.

Hi Mindy, see attached a quick example with 3 True/False questions on one question slide. The checkboxes are organized into three button sets. Instead of the default Submit button and feedback layers,  you  could create your own and style them the way you (or  your customer) want them to look. Instead of the Pick Many Freeform question type I used, you could also create a completely custom question, with button sets and score variables for the three questions. Hope that gets you started.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.