Radio buttons are deselected when users review their answers to quiz questions

I have a quiz with multiple choice questions that use radio buttons.

When reviewing answers after completing the quiz, the radio buttons are deselected.

I can't even advance through the review without selecting the correct radio button again - I receive a prompt telling me to submit a response!

I have seen this problem solved by setting the slide properties to "Resume Saved State," but this does NOT solve the issue in my case. Any ideas?

9 Replies
Jaycee Sipagan

Hello, Brittany,

That sounds like a bummer. I'll do what I can to help. With that said, you might want to check if it's related to the order of your objects in the timeline and their corresponding states. With that said, it's a bit hard to know what exactly is causing the issue without seeing the actual file. Would it be possible for you to send a sample .story file of the problematic quiz section? I would love to check it out for you and see if we can find a solution.

Regards,

Talent Development

Hi Jaycee -

I haven't touched anything in the timeline for the quiz questions, so I don't think that's the problem... I could be wrong!

Let me remove some sensitive information from my course so I can upload it and you can check it out. I'll reply again to notify you when I've uploaded it.

Thank you!

Talent Development

Hi Jaycee -

See attached for the file I'm working with.

To save you time, you can answer the questions any way you want, except for question 2. Try selecting "All of the above" for this question. This will duplicate the problem I'm experiencing. You will see that the radio button is deselected when you review your answers.

Thanks again!

Jaycee Sipagan

Hello, Brittany,

So I was playing around with the file but it was taking too much time to figure out what was causing the issue. To save time, I duplicated a working slide instead and then copied the texts from slide 1.4 to the new slide. Note, I kept the triggers and other settings from the original slide I duplicated which is why I only copied the texts. You might need to double-check the triggers for the language change but I attached a modified working .story file below that seems to work when reviewing the answers. Hope this helps.

Talent Development

Hi Jaycee -

Thanks for the help! I wasn't able to replicate your success, so I kept searching for an answer on my own.

I learned that my problem can be solved by ensuring that the "Object" and "On Object" selections inside each trigger matched each other. Some of my triggers had different selections for these two drop downs, which seemed to be causing the issue. 

Jaycee Sipagan

Hey Brittany,

I am glad to hear that it was now working for you. Thanks for the update as well. I figured that it has something to do with the triggers because when I copied the triggers and format from the working slide, it worked on my end. However, I was unable to point out the cause so thanks as well. Cheers!