Radio Buttons

Jan 29, 2013

Hello experts!

When using radio buttons, I am unable to copy the "Selected" state of a radio button. Whenever I try to copy and paste it, the selected state goes away.

What I'm trying to do is to create a trigger that will change a radio button to highlighted (and selected) but so far I've been unable to.

Has anyone experienced something similar or is it just me?

Thanks!!

5 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Robert!

I'm not quite sure why you'd copy the selected state in order for it to be highlighted with a trigger. Are you using a radio button that doesn't already have a selected state with an additional color/change?

You should be able to set up a trigger similar to this one to change the state:

Change state of (radio button name) to selected

When the user clicks (or whatever action you'd like to take place for this to occur)

I'm attaching a very quick example, if you'd like to see what I mean.

If you're still not able to get this to work, are you able to post your project's .STORY file, so I can take a quick look at what you have so far?

Thanks!

Robert Chung

Sorry I should have explained more!

i have a set of radio buttons as answers to a question. Additionally, I have a submit button. What I would like to happen is when a user clicks on submit, the correct answer (radio button) will be selected and highlighted -- regardless of which answer the user selected. 

Because of this action, I am unable to use the default selected state of the radio button - since I want to keep the "original" selected state. 

Am I making any sense? I can post my .story file later when I am back in front of my computer. 

Thanks again!

Phil Mayor

This will be difficult to do because the buttons are in a button set so only one can be selected, I would add a layer with a selected radio button on over the top of the correct answer (you may wish to add a shape over the top to stop it being selectable)that when you click submit the layer shows

The feedback layer will show a tick next to the correct one as well

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.