randomize slides (SL360)

Feb 05, 2020

I'm trying to create some interactive flashcards (I need to create them in SL since Rise doesn't give me enough flexibility.) and need to find an easy way to simply randomize the order of the flashcards. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but when I add them to a question bank and then add the draw from the QB slide, SL does not jump through the slides when I select next or previous. It simply stays on the first slide it selected. 

Any suggestions? THANKS!

1 Reply
Ned Whiteley

Hi Christopher,

One option available to you is to set your flash cards up as separate layers and then call these layers up at random.

In the attached example I have created a numeric variable, RandomNumber, that is set to a random number between 1 and 6 when the Next Layer button is clicked (note: this needs to be the first trigger for the button). The same button then shows the appropriate layer based on the value of the RandomNumber variable.

Each layer is set to the default to Hide Other Layers, so you don't need to close them, but can simply click the Next Layer button each time you want to change.

You will notice that sometimes the layer doesn't appear to change. This is because the random number range is so small that it will invariably select the same number again from time to time.

Hope this helps.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.